Paramount is one of the oldest movie studios in Hollywood, but they’ve only recently gotten into the TV business and have been killing it. They have several hit shows on their roster, and each is worth watching. Here are our picks for the best Paramount TV shows to watch right now.
Stream Paramount Plus with a VPN
You may be familiar with the streaming service Paramount Plus. Unfortunately, Paramount TV is only available in Australia, Canada, Latin America, the Middle East (as a pay-TV channel), Nordics, and United States. But don’t worry there’s a way to get around this geo-restriction. All you need is a good Paramount Plus VPN service that can spoof your location. Simply follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a VPN.
- Download and install the app on your streaming device.
- Connect to Peacock TV and stream away!
What’s best to watch on Paramount Plus Right Now!
1- The Catch
The Catch is about Alice Vaughan, played by Mireille Enos, a fraud investigator. This show takes place in Los Angeles and shows the crime scene from both sides of the law, investigators and perpetrators. Your favorite character will probably be Alice’s fiance Chris (played by Peter Krause), who seems like a beautiful person but hides some critical secrets.
- Cast: In addition to Enos and Krause, you’ll also love supporting characters like private investigator Rhys Bartlett (Eddie Izzard) and FBI agent Danny Yoon (Jay Hayden).
- The number of seasons: Two seasons with 22 episodes in total.
- Most-watched episode: Episode 9 of Season 1, where you see Ben Diamond’s backstory, was watched by 2 million people.
- Rating: 85% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7/10 on IMDB.
- Where to watch The Catch: Amazon Prime Video or Hulu Plus
2- Anne with an E
Anne with an E is a coming-of-age drama based on the 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables. Set on Prince Edward Island during the latter half of the 19th century, it follows a story of a young orphan girl who was sent to live with a childless couple hoping to adopt a baby boy to help them on their farm. With three seasons available to stream now and more to come, it’s one of those series that benefits from binge-watching, especially since it packs so many plot twists into each episode.
- Cast: Ambeth McNulty as Anne Shirley, Lucas Zumann as Gilbert Blythe, Dalila Bela as Diana Barry, Geraldine James as Marilla Cuthbert.
- Number of seasons: Three seasons with 27 episodes in total
- Most-watched episode: Episode 10 of Season 3, The Better Feelings of My Heart, where Anne starts a new chapter in her life.
- Rating: 91% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.7/10 on IMDB.
- Where to watch Anne with an E: Netflix or Prime Video
3- 13 Reasons Why
Based on Jay Asher’s best-selling book, “13 Reasons Why” is a Netflix original series that follows high school student Clay Jensen (Dylan Minnette). As Clay returns home from school one day, he finds a mysterious box lying in front of his front door with his name on it. He opens the box and discovers a collection of cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker (Katherine Langford), his classmate and crush who recently died by suicide.
- Cast: Dylan Minnette as Clay Jensen, Katherine Langford as Hannah Baker, Alisha Boe as Jessica Davis, Justin Prentice as Bryce Walker, Christian Navarro as Tony Padilla.
- Number of seasons: Four seasons with 49 episodes in total
- Most-watched episode: Tape 7, Side A, was the highest-rated episode where the fans were in utter shock despite knowing the outcome.
- Rating: 35% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7.5/10 on IMDB
- Where to watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Vudu.
Waco is 2018 miniseries about the 1993 FBI siege of a religious compound in Texas, led by the Branch Davidians. Why it’s worth watching: This compelling series is based on actual events from 1993 and has gotten rave reviews from critics. The show expands upon the original narrative by including viewpoints from both sides of the standoff between the feds and fringe religious group members. In particular, actor Michael Shannon (Man of Steel) shines as cult leader David Koresh.
- Cast: Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh, Julia Garner as Michelle Jones, Rory Culkin as David Thibodeau, Shea Whigham as Mitch Decker.
- Number of seasons: One season with six episodes in total
- Most-watched episode: Season finale
- Rating: 70% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7.9/10 on IMDB
- Where to watch: iTunes and Amazon Prime Video
5- Berlin Station
Berlin Station is worth your time if you like political espionage and spy dramas. The show follows a mix of CIA agents, spies, and other characters working in the capital of Germany and across Europe. The show’s wide-ranging cast includes Richard Armitage and Rhys Ifans. Still, “The Americans” alum Michelle Forbes steals the spotlight by playing a strong female character who isn’t afraid to go up against high-level government officials.
- Cast: Richard Armitage as Daniel Miller, Rhys Ifans as Hector DeJean, Michelle Forbes as Valerie Edwards, Tamlyn Tomita as Sandra Abe.
- The number of seasons: Three seasons with 29 episodes in total.
- Most-watched episode: Season 2, Episode 5, titled Right of Way, is the highest-rated episode, showing a sting operation going entirely south and Otto Ganz escaping.
- Rating: 60% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7.6/10 on IMDB.
- Where to watch: Apple TV, Spectrum TV, EPIX, and Prime Video.
6- The Alienist
If you’ve already watched the first series of The Alienist, we have some good news. Season 2, called Angel of Darkness, has just arrived on Netflix – but it’s not a direct continuation of the first season. As well as continuing to follow Dr. Kreizler and his team as they solve mysteries in 19th century NYC this time around they’re investigating a child kidnapping. There are many children at risk in this gritty crime drama – and it’s just as dark and gory as the original series.
- Cast: Daniel Bruhl as Laszlo Kreizler, Brian Geraghty as Theodore Roosevelt, Luke Evans as John Moore, Douglas Smith as Marcus Isaacson.
- The number of seasons: Two seasons with 18 episodes in total.
- Most-watched episode: Season 1, Episode 9, titled Requiem, where Laszlo Kreizler feels terrible and depressed about losing a friend. Cyrus gets out to get revenge, and John Moore predicts the serial killer will strike once again.
- Rating: 77% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7.7/10 on IMDB.
- Where to watch: Netflix, Prime Video, and TNT website.
7- Jack Ryan
Jack Ryan, an American political thriller spy web television series, is based on the fictional character of the same name created by author Tom Clancy for his Ryanverse novels. The first two seasons are set primarily in Yemen, Russia, Venezuela, and Colombia. Season 3 is set mainly in South America and Venezuela.
- Cast: John Krasinski as Jack Ryan, Abbie Cornish as Cathy Mueller, Wendell Pierce as James Greer, and Michael Kelly as Mike November.
- The number of seasons: Two seasons with 16 episodes in total.
- Rating: 71% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8/10 on IMDB.
- Where to watch: Prime Video, Apple TV, Vudu.
– If you are looking for guest posts in entertainment “write for us” now.