Are you willing to pursue a CA course after completing your 12th standard? Or, confused if you should go for the traditional B.Com degree program, along with the CA course? First of all, let us have a brief idea of these study programs.
B. Com, as we all know, is an abbreviation for Bachelor of Commerce. This is, however, a most common and popular 3-year undergraduate program, opted for by maximum students upon completing the intermediate of commerce. On the other hand, being a professional degree, CA is comparatively harder than B.Com. Moreover, you will be able to come across or apply for more job opportunities if you decide to pursue the CA course. Well, there are similarities between the two curricula. But, it is of utmost importance to know the difference between them and several facts associated with them.
Among the excellent top colleges/universities in India, any university in Raipur includes commerce and management degree programs in its curriculum.
In this blog, we will learn about the basic importance of pursuing a CA course, and the benefits of this academic degree. Also, is it mandatory to go for a B.Com degree parallel to the CA course?
What is CA?
Chartered Accountancy, which is widely known as CA, is a professional course that will furnish you with the technical knowledge required for managing accounting, finance as well as taxation for any business entity or organization.
Generally, there are three levels available for this course, and students can apply for any of the three levels based on their qualifications and eligibility norms. Here's a mention of those three levels:
- CA Foundation- This is an entry-level exam that you need to qualify to move forward toward becoming a Chartered Accountant. The exam is generally conducted in offline mode, and on clearing this exam you will be eligible to appear for the CA Intermediate exam. A minimum study of four months is required to appear for the exam which has 4 subject papers. Any student who has passed his/her class 12 is eligible to take the exam.
- CA Intermediate- The second level of Chartered Accountancy is called CA Intermediate. If you have qualified for the CA Foundation exam, you will be eligible to appear for the CA Intermediate. Moreover, the students need to qualify for CA CPT and 10+2/ Foundation, as well as register for the exam before the last date, to appear for the exam.
- CA Final- The third and final level in Chartered Accountancy is known as CA Final. If you have completed the CA Intermediate/ IPCC, registered for the CA Final Course, and also completed the period of articled training (at least 2.5 years), you will be eligible to take the CA Final exam. Moreover, all candidates are required to undergo four weeks of Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) during the last two years of practical training (prior to the exam). After successfully qualifying for the CA Final exam, students will be in a position to apply for the Chartered Accountant certification.
CA Exam Pattern
The CA Exam is generally conducted via pen and paper-based test mode and in an offline mode. Some of the details associated with this exam are given below:
- Type of questions: Subjective cum Objective
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours per paper
- Medium of Exam: English/Hindi
- Number of Marks: 100 per paper
However, in India, the Institute of Chartered Accountants is a national professional accounting body that successfully conducts all the CA exams. The regulatory body looks after the profession of Chartered Accountancy in a country like India.
Advantages of pursuing B. Com along with CA
There are a lot of queries linked with studying a B. Com degree program, besides the Chartered Accountancy course. In this context, let us have a look at the benefits of pursuing both degrees simultaneously.
- Knowledge of expert level- As a traditional undergraduate course, B. Com comprises some similar subjects like business laws, financial accounting, taxation, auditing, and many more which are also included in the CA syllabus. While a B.Com degree will let you gain basic conceptual knowledge of these subjects, the CA course will strengthen your knowledge as well as sharpen your understanding.
- Higher Education: If you are willing to go for further studies like LLB, MBA, or relevant postgraduate degrees, apart from CA then you must hold a graduate degree for future admission purposes. Furthermore, if you have plans of moving abroad for higher studies, then B. Com is a recognized undergraduate course in most countries. In this regard, any commerce college in Raipur includes the important concepts and required essentials in its course curriculum. On the other hand, being a CA candidate you might be exempted from some papers, either in postgraduate degrees or professional courses.
- Better job opportunities: Bachelor of Commerce degree program will let you apply for innumerable job opportunities as a fresher, and the Government services as well. But, the CA Articleship experience under CA will add advantages at the time of applying for the aforesaid job opportunities, moreover, it will increase the chances of your selection.
Rather than these mentioned advantages, there are other benefits like self-employment, exposure to college life, and much more that are associated with pursuing a B.Com degree alongside the CA course. If you are planning to pursue a B.Com degree, you can check out the website of B Com college in Raipur.
Best B. Com Colleges/Universities in India
Enormous B. Com colleges/universities in India have been successfully offering enhanced quality degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs for the same. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Kalinga University: This is a private university in Chhattisgarh, that is given worldwide recognition and chosen by meritorious students across several countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Papua New Guinea, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Uganda, etc. Each department of Kalinga University is headed by senior and skilled professors, who have outstanding academic credentials as well as teaching, publications, and research experience. Out of the different universities in Chhattisgarh, Kalinga University has successfully emerged as the best private university in Chhattisgarh.
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women: This college in New Delhi has been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning for women in India.
- Christ University: This deemed-to-be university in Karnataka has been successfully offering multiple degree programs since its inception.
Thus, we can observe that there are numerous advantages to studying a B. Com degree and a CA course at the same time. But, there is no compulsion to study both these courses simultaneously. Most experts suggest completing both these degrees together, but it completely depends upon the individual.
Moreover, pursuing both degrees will let you have backup options. Also, if you want to enjoy college life along with experience, then you will have to pursue both degrees at the same time. This is because the CA is usually a correspondence course and college life isn't included here. If you are looking for the best private university in Chhattisgarh, Kalinga University is a good option. We hope the information helps you in some ways.
– If you are looking for a guest post, write for us education article now.