There are tonnes of lucrative career prospects in this thriving and dynamic sector, from working in hotels and transportation to jobs in food, drinks, and events. Do you think you would be interested in making a career in hotel management? Well, this article is all about hotel management, the best hotel management college in Madhya Pradesh, and things you should know before joining a master’s in hotel management.
What is hotel management?
An aspect of the hospitality sector called hotel management is managing a hotel location's operations. As a part of hotel management, you will be given the responsibility to look after different operations of the hotel, motel, resort, or another business in these departments such as kitchen, front desk, housekeeping, etc.
Necessary skills for a career in hospitality management
Below listed are the five skills that you should possess if you want to build a career in this industry.
- Communication skills
- Empathy and emotional intelligence
- Stress management
- Time management
4 things you should know Before pursuing a master’s in hotel management
- Groomed personality- Good hygiene and a well-groomed personality is a must if you want to build your career in the hotel industry. For ex- If you are a front desk manager, your well-groomed personality will leave a positive impact on customers and they’ll likely return. And if you are working as a chef then you need to be very conscious regarding your hygiene.
- Overseas working opportunity- This course also has the potential to help you succeed in your international career. If you want to work in an exotic hotel abroad or on a sailing cruise, Hotel Management can equip you with all the necessary abilities. Therefore, if working abroad appeals to you, you should apply immediately for a master’s in hotel management course.
- Fun learning hospitality skills- Master’s in hotel management is a blend of theory and practical. Practical exposure like hotel visits, training, and etiquette classes are fun ways to learn hospitality tactics.
- Hark work and dedication- This industry calls for a lot of commitment. Serving others is not the only thing you should do; you should also treat them like family and earn their trust. You will have to put in a lot of effort over the course of your two-year term, whether it be in your studies or other enjoyable practicals. Only your commitment to the programme will keep you from quitting.
In addition, multitasking, effective communication, and adaptability are additional qualities you may need during the course.
Hotel Management Colleges In Madhya Pradesh
There are a lot of colleges in Madhya Pradesh from where you can pursue hotel management but we have picked the best one which will take care of placement opportunities and all the necessary details, a student requires to make a fruitful career in the field of hotel management.
Mansarovar Global University is located in the heart of India, Sehore (Madhya Pradesh). This institute was established in the year 2018 and offers a variety of courses, from hotel management to computer science, engineering, pharmacy, management, etc. under the same umbrella. This is also known as the top private University in MP.
This University was established with a vision to be the number 1 institute in India providing value-based knowledge to the students.
Post Graduation in Hotel Management
MA in hotel management at MGU is a two-year course. In post graduation in hotel management course, you will acquire the knowledge you need to excel in your career in the hotel management industry. If you want to pursue a master’s degree in hotel management then you can choose MGU.
Why Choose MGU’s master degree in hotel management
- Placement opportunities.
- Guest lectures from industry leaders.
- You’ll be able to sharpen and develop your management abilities with the course.
- MGU organises field trips, and site visits to expose you to the working of five-star hotels.
- Hospitality events, seminars, and activities are organised so that students can create and evaluate a marketing strategy.
Benefits of a master’s in hotel management
These are the key benefits of pursuing a master’s in hotel management.
- Enormous job opportunities
- A positive job reputation
- An energetic work environment
- Travel opportunities
- Career growth
Job Prospects in hotel management
Food and beverages, hotel operations, Chef, and Sommelier are some of the best careers in hotel management. You will have many opportunities to work in these fields in India and abroad. You can also make a career abroad in these countries- Switzerland, Canada, Maldives, Seychelles, and Australia, as they pay the most to hotel management. After completing your course in India, you can apply for jobs in these countries.
Top Recruiters in Hotel Management Industry
A Master’s in hotel management provides good job options across several sectors. Masters in hotel management can expect strong earnings as well as good career opportunities both domestically and overseas. Below mentioned are the top recruiters in the field of hotel management-
- The Leela palaces, hotels and resorts
- Neemrana hotels
- The Lalit
- The Marriott
- ITC Group of Hotels
- Sarovar hotels and resorts
- Radisson Hotels
- The Oberoi groups
As the travel and hospitality industry is booming post covid period, there are enormous opportunities and career growth options arising for students of hotel management. It is also necessary to choose a specialization according to your area of interest. You can choose any department such as front office, Housekeeping, Kitchen, security, accountancy, sales & marketing, etc.
And a route to the right career always begins with the right college. And MGU is a great option if you are looking for the best university in Bhopal. Hope this article helped you in understanding what are the things you should keep in mind before entering into a master’s in Hotel management.
– If you are looking for a guest post, write for us education article now.