The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying book written by an Australian nurse Bronnie Ware, who spent several years caring for cancer patients, with less than 3 months to live. She recorded their stories and shared their thoughts about life and listed the top 5 common regrets of the dying. I encourage you to take these most common regrets of the dying and make sure you don’t look back with the same feelings.
List of Top 5 Regrets of the Dying
Here is the list of top five regrets of the dying by Bronnie Ware
- Courage to Live the True Life
- The regret of not Working Hard
- Courage to Express Feelings
- Not having Friends
- The regret of not Being Happy
1. Courage to Live the True Life
Bronnie ware quotes the top of the list DYING regret as "I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me"
2. Not Working Hard
The second regret in the list of top 5 regrets is "I wish I had not worked so hard"
3. Courage to Express Feelings
The third regret of the dying quote is "I wish I had the courage to express my feelings"
Friends are the most important part of our lives. Bronnie ware quotes this regrets as well "I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends"
5. Being Happy
We struggle the whole life to be happy. As we know, happiness is priceless but true happiness is unconditional. In this regard, 5th regret of the dying is "I wish I had let my self be happier"
Notice, that none of these regrets revolve around “Money” or “Work”
Don't Let This Be With You!
The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying Review
The book The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying is an amazing case study. Motivational and Encouraging information useful for all ages. It helps to analyze actual goals of life and make real decisions.
Check out the positive habits of highly effective people
Bronnie Ware Top 5 Regrets of the Dying Quotes
List of Positive Quotes by Bronnie Ware
- "There is a fine line between compassion and a victim mentality. Compassion through is a healing force and comes from a place of kindness towards yourself. Playing the victim is a toxic waste of time that not only repels other people but also robs the victim of ever knowing true happiness." Bronnie Ware
- “There is always a gift in any challenge.” Bronnie Ware
- “Life doesn’t owe us anything. We only owe ourselves, to make the most of the life we are living, of the time we have left, and to live in gratitude.” Bronnie Ware
- “The same view you look at every day, the same life, can become something brand new by focusing on its gifts rather than the negative aspects. Perspective is your own choice and the best way to shift that perspective is through gratitude, by acknowledging and appreciating the positives.” Bronnie Ware
- “To be in any sort of relationship where you do not express yourself, simply to keep the peace, is a relationship ruled by one person and will never be balanced or healthy." Bronnie Ware
- “Laughter is a very underrated tool for healing.” Bronnie Ware
- “There is nothing wrong with loving your work and wanting to apply yourself to it. But there is so much more to life. Balance is what is important, maintaining balance.” Bronnie Ware
- “No one owes us anything. We only owe ourselves to get off our backsides, count our blessings, and face our challenges. When you live from that perspective, the gifts pour forth.” Bronnie Ware
- “ Surrender is not giving up, far from it. Surrender takes an enormous amount of courage. Often we are only capable of doing so when the pain of trying to control the outcome becomes too much to bear. ” Bronnie Ware
- “They say though that we do more to avoid pain than we do to gain pleasure. So it is when the pain becomes too much that we finally find the courage to make changes.” Bronnie Ware
You may also like to check out positive words
– If you are looking for a guest post, write for us lifestyle article now.